- Life Fourways Hospital
- 2x Porter
- A vacancy exists for a Porter, based at Life Fourways Hospital reporting to Leo Pillay, Admission Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring delivery of uncompromising quality care in line with Company strategic objectives and applicable Health /Nursing legislation.
- Critical Outputs
- Professional interaction with clients
- Transport patients from reception to wards and vice versa.
- Transport patients from wards to doctor’s rooms & X-rays and other allied health professional rooms.
- Assist patients with their luggage on admission or discharge.
- Check Wheelchairs for cleanliness and whether in need of repairs (maintain good working condition).
- Assist in the making of work related photocopies and patient files and folders
- Distribution of Memo’s and documents to the wards, Doctors rooms and Allied professionals
- Collection of stationary and stock for the department
- Matric – Grade 12
- An enthusiastic, motivated, Punctual & well-organised individual with initiative and ability to handle pressure.
- Must be able to work shifts (day or night) and overtime as required.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Own or reliable transport due to the nature of shift work
- Bilingual with Proficiency in English, both verbal and written and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to push heavy individuals in wheelchairs, beds or assist heavy patients in or out of vehicles.
- Experience in a hospital environment and the transportation of ill or invalid persons would be preferred
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Closing date
- Monday, June 7, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.