To support Head: Academic Operations and Student Relations Co-Ordinator with student administration.
08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Higher Certificate/ Diploma in Office Administration
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literate
- People skills
1-2 years Administration or Academic Assistant Experience (preferably in an academic environment).
Knowledge of academic compliance, functions/activities within Higher Education environment
Key Performance Areas:
Student File Administration:
- Maintain student files and any student
- Ensuring that all relevant admission documentation is received and filed timeously.
- Regularly track outstanding admission documentation for all registered students
- Maintain file security and keep an accurate register of file usage.
- Archive student files two years post student graduation.
SAM Administration Duties
- Basic data capturing on CAM (updating student information, account payer information especially during and after registration periods)
- Scanning admission documents for uploading into CAMS.
- Capture lecture & Venue information required for timetabling and set up lecturer evaluations each semester in CAMS
- Download marks sheets from CAMS and timeously forwarded to the RN’s as required per the assessment schedule.
- Capture marks on SAM Admin Portal and responsible for submitting, calculating and releasing of CASS and Final results in order for RN to then verify on system.
- Upload mark sheets once populated by Academic Navigators and update the ASN and RN so that they may verify marks.
- Compile and maintain international student file with copies of the student’s passport, study permit and letter of application
- Ensure that notice boards are kept tidy and up to date
- Printing of Semester 1 and Semester 2 Timetable & place outside each venue
- Keep record of signed classes registers/attendance (IC tracking)
- Setting up of venues during assessments under test/exam conditions in line with assessment policy & procedures
- Printing of seating plan registers that are to be place outside venue during test/exams cycles
- Printing Assessment log sheets required for test/exams sessions that are to be included with invigilator pack
- Photocopy replacement/supplementary & practical assessments in line with assessment policy & procedure (includes printing of seating plan registers, Assessment log sheets/Invigilator reports)
- Maintain distribution of registers for student academic material (reading packs/manuals/guides & additional materials)
- Track inventory level of exam scripts
- Support Relationship Navigator with assessment hand in process as required
- Support Assessment Navigator during moderation cycle (internal & external) with scanning/couriering of scripts/projects where required
- invigilate Test and Exams
- Printing of class list/registers (for lecturer/test or exams)
- Minute campus meetings as required
- Assist Academic Operations Navigator with general admin during peak periods (prepare for Open Days’ Campus functions: Registration/Parents Evenings/Portfolio Night/Showcase/ Brand Challenges)
- Graduation Cycle – Follow up and track outstanding documents/ uploading of relevant documents on CAMS Document Tracking
- Assisting with Graduation Prep (Grad Pack envelopes and labels/ Printing of additional letters/academic transcripts/ Printing of register and GR008 to be used at Graduation day & assisting on graduation day)
- Gather information for reports on request form National Student Relations Navigator
- Manage of Metro file and storage of files to be archived off site
- Relieve Librarian and/or Receptionist during lunch breaks or when needed
Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays when required.
Preferably equity candidate.