Responsible for overseeing and directing accounting functions on an operational level, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset, and cost accounting. Responsible for analysing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as assigned. Keeps records and accounts accurate and current. Researches and resolves discrepancies and accounting errors. Completes related reports, summaries, and records. Creates monthly expense reports. Performs related clerical duties. Prepares periodic reports, reviews and reconciles data, and participates in the development of specialized financial data. Oversees and prepares entries and adjustments to Company records, files, and statements. Prepares financial and variance analyses as well as budget and rolling forecast.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of assigned accounting functions.
a. Reviews monthly Financial Reports and working paper files.
b. Reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned.
c. Completes required records and reports and maintains files.
d. Prepares journal entries and balances work in more complicated accounting areas.
e. Completes various accounting functions in accordance with established policies and procedures, and applicable regulations including:
• Preparing trial balances from source documents.
• Preparing Balance Sheets and Income Statements.
• Preparing notes to the reports.
• Preparing monthly JV accounts where applicable.
• Filing copies of final monthly reports.
• Participate in annual audit.
• Balancing intercompany loan accounts.
• Maintaining Shareholders Loan Schedules.
• Reviewing and Releasing creditors payments.
• VAT Recons and Submission.
• Prepare and review 1 – 5 year Budgets and Rolling Forecasts.
f. Manage financial income, including Management and Admin Fees on rental recoveries, Letting Commissions on new or renewed leases, and interest earnings.
g. Oversees the Company’s fixed asset portfolio. Prepares depreciation schedules and catalogs furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
h. Assist in the allocation of funds received from debtors.
i. Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies.
j. Recalculate and sign off letting commission invoices.
2. Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and discrepancies.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with area personnel and with management.
a. Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
c. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
d. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with vendors, governmental agencies, and outside business and accounting professionals.
a. Responds to questions and problems politely and promptly.
b. Ensures that outside contacts are properly informed.
c. Ensures that the Company’s professional reputation is projected and maintained.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Stays informed of developments in the accounting field and of changing governmental and legal requirements.
b. Completes special projects as assigned.
c. Ensures that Accounting Department work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
1. Accounting documents, records, and reports are accurate, current, and timely.
2. Accounting errors or discrepancies are promptly discovered and resolved (or referred).
3. Good communication and coordination exists with Company personnel. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
4. Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
5. Accounting functions are completed in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE : Technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports.
Understanding of related regulations, statutes, and filing requirements.
Knowledge of related computer applications.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Three or more years of previous property accounting experience preferred.
JV ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE WILL BE BENEFICIAL.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Well organized and detail oriented.
Able to meet deadlines and manage projects.
Good math skills.
Good attention to detail and accuracy.
Cooperative and willing to assist others.
Able to use PC, calculator, and other basic business machines.
Good EXCEL knowledge
Strong analytical skills.