Accounting Teacher – Grades 8 – 12
|Remuneration:||negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Herschel Girls School|
Herschel Girls School is adopting the IEB NSC qualification effective 01 January 2022 and is looking for an innovative and progressive teacher who seeks the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and excellent staff and school, committed to creating a happy, safe and vibrant educational environment, responsive to change.
The successful applicant will be a qualified teacher committed to sharing her/his passion and expertise in this subject. Preference will be given where there is proven experience of teaching Accounting at Grade 12 level (within the IEB).
A letter of application, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, three contactable references and proof of SACE registration, as well as a Police Clearance certificate, must be sent to Mrs Heather Vaughan at the following email address email@example.com Friday 20 August 2021.
Herschel Girls School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
Please note no faxed applications will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The following competencies are essential:
- A discernible passion for and commitment to teaching Accounting
- A four-year degree/diploma with relevant qualifications and experience
- Excellent relational skills which allow for the development of a safe, inclusive, exciting teaching environment and a genuine duty of care towards students
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work closely and cooperatively with colleagues
- Be fully committed to the school’s transformation, equity and belonging strategic objectives in support of an equitable, inclusive and safe school environment for all
- To hold at heart the school’s tagline of “learning to make a difference”
- Be SACE registered
Herschel Girls School, founded in 1922, situated in Claremont, Cape Town, is an inclusive independent Anglican school for girls from Pre-Nursery to Grade 12 which welcomes pupils and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Herschel is committed to transformation and is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that gives preference, where appropriate in accordance with its Employment Equity Plan, to candidates from the designated groups. The School reserves the right not to make an appointment. Failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Posted on 10 Aug 09:19
Apply by email