The primary role of this position is to perform different administrative activities of
the Faculty. The incumbent will provide professional office administration services
including being responsible for the organisation and co-ordination of office
operations, procedures and resources to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency.
• A relevant three-year Diploma or equivalent.
• Computer literacy (MS packages).
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
• A combination of educational qualification and experience.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Provide photocopying and binding services.
• Ensure collection and delivery of mail.
• Record keeping.
• General administration and office management.
• Prepare boardrooms and refreshments as required.
• Client liaison with staff, students and external stakeholders.
• Completion of paperwork, filing, processing documents and recording
• Communicating with service providers.
• Perform any other duties as delegated by the Line Manager.
• Overall general and office administration as indicated in the KPA’s.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• People orientated, hard worker, responsible, reliable, creative and innovative.
• Respectful, honesty, punctuality and understand of protocol.
• Proven attributes of transparency, integrity and teamwork.
ADMIN ASSISTANT: FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Candidates who meet the minimum
requirements are invited to apply for
the advertised positions. Remuneration
will be commensurate with the level at
which incumbents of this position will
be expected to perform.
It is compulsory that all applications
have the following documents:
• UMP application form for
employment (is accessible on www.
• Letter of application (that provides
detailed information on how the
applicant meets the requirements
for the position)
• A comprehensive CV
• Certified copies of relevant
qualifications, ID and appropriate
Failure to comply with the requirements
on your application will automatically
disqualify your application.
All applications should be forwarded
If UMP has not responded within eight
weeks of the closing date, you should
regard your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be entered into
with shortlisted candidates. It is the
intention of the university to promote
representivity in respect of race,
gender, and disability through the filling
of this post.
Enquiries and details regarding this
post may be directed to Human
Resource Management, Ms Nomsa
Mnisi on (013) 002 0056.
Closing date is 26 March 2021 .