REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK [RAC] – OR TAMBO EC157 DC15 [Ref NR: PO – 0637]
An inclusive remuneration package of R 286,794 per annum
Regional Human Resource Administration
- Support efficient human resource administration services for the regional office by development and maintenance of an effective filing system;
- render assistance with recruitment of employees in the region;
- facilitate appointment of Municipal Electoral Officers (MEO)s;
- maintain a leave register; keep and maintain personnel records and the attendance register;
- record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data (line function);
- update registers and statistics;
- handle routine enquiries;
- make photocopies and receive or send facsimiles;
- distribute documents/packages to various stakeholders as required;
- type basic letters and/or other correspondence when required;
- keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing register of the component;
- coordinate logistics of meetings.
Regional Financial Administration
- Ensure regional creditors are paid timeously by liaising with internal and external stakeholders in relation to procurement of goods and services;
- obtain quotations and follow up on submission of invoices;
- complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office goods;
- stock control of office stationery and other assets in the regions;
- keep and maintain the asset register of the district;
- coordinate submission of assets; submit quarterly reports;
- capture and update expenditure in the district;
- check correctness of subsistence and travel claims of employees and submit to Regional Supervisor for approval;
- handle telephone, rental accounts and petty cash for the component;
- submit regular reports.
Regional Travel and Office Services
- Coordinate travel and accommodation;
- manage pool vehicle administration mail, and courier service in the district;
- provide reception and office administrator services.
Regional Facilities Management
- Facilitate minor building maintenance works, including cleaning contracts
- The successful candidate must be in possession of a Grade 12/Matric plus 3 years relevant working experience;
- knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework of the Electoral Commission and election related matters will be advantageous;
- knowledge of clerical duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, knowledge of working procedures in terms of the working environment;
- compute and collecting statistics;
- office administration skills; minute taking; consolidation of reports;
- good verbal and written communication skills;
- good organizing skills and computer literacy;
- the successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and must be prepared to travel extensively in the relevant district.
Applicants must be a South African citizen, who has not had a prominent political profile in the last 5 years. Applications must in all cases be marked with the relevant reference number and be accompanied by an updated comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of all qualification documents and identity document. Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Failure to attach the relevant reference number and to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Please note that the CV, all qualifications and references are subject to verification and appointments will only be made upon successful verification thereof. All appointments are subject to a probation period of not less than 12 months and successful applicants will be required to enter into a performance contract.
The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates and interviews will be conducted on a date and time specified by the interview panel. The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the positions after advertising it and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above posts. Although advertised, a position may be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.
Suitable candidates must submit their applications for the vacant posts to the address as indicated below:
Applications for vacant post in Eastern Cape
Ms T Kholisa Fax: (043) 709 4299 HREC@elections.org.za
Closing date for all applications: 19 February 2021. Please take note that no applications received after this closing date will be considered. Applicants who have not been contacted by 30 April 2021 must consider their applications as not being successful