PURPOSE OF THE POST
To render administrative support within the Chief Directorate/Directorate
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
|NO||KEY RESULT AREAS (WHAT)||ACTIVITIES (HOW)||RESULT INDICATORS (WHY)|
|1||Financial administration and
coordination Chief Directorate
|Monitor monthly expenditure patterns and trends to budget
Reconcile expenditure projection with the actual spending.
Coordinate financial planning processes.
Complete relevant documentation for transfer of funds.
Process payment for procurement of goods and service.
|Updated cash flow report with monthly expenditure.
Inputs consolidated and submitted on time and in compliance with departmental prescripts.
Financial plans coordinated and
Documentation completed and proof of payment received, recorded.
Procurement of goods and services processed.
|2||Administration support||Administer documents and check for compliance in line with the required the company standard (formatting etc.) or government
Monitor outgoing and incoming
Documentations and monitor compliance as outlined by various units.
Draft routine letters, memos, reports, submissions etc.
Provide secretariat services in the meetings when required.
Conduct logistical arrangements i.e. travel arrangements, booking of venues, caterings etc.
Coordinate and consolidate monthly, quarterly, annual
plans and reports within the CD/D.
|Document received and checked for processing in line with standard operating procedure.
Register of incoming and outgoing
Documents updated and monitored.
Documents drafted and submitted for processing.
Minutes of the meeting, packs etc.
Logistical arrangements conducted.
Reports coordinated, consolidated and submitted.
|3||Events coordination||Coordinate calendar of events and assist in organising workshops, conference, joint
committee meetings and other department events that require
Unit participation etc.
Assist in the preparation of events and arranging of packs/documents/ promotional items/gifts etc. that will be used
For the event.
Provide support and inputs during plenary meetings for various events, workshops
|Calendar of events monitored and events arranged according to
Motional items/gifts prepared.
Inputs provided during plenary of
events, workshops etc.
|4||Documents and records keeping||Keep records and ensure that they are easily accessible
within the in chief directorate/directorate
Maintain filing system manual and electronic within CD/D.
|Updated records keeping and
Easily accessible filling system
Maintained (electronically and
- Departmental policies and procedures.
- Office administration practices and procedures.
- Advanced use of word processing, spreadsheet and other software to create documents and materials requiring the interpretation and manipulation of data.
- Knowledge of financial and administrative management.
- Knowledge of Public Service Regulation Act.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Events coordination
- Computer literacy and information management systems
- Planning and organising
- Record keeping
- Be able to liaise with different stakeholders at different levels
- Team player
- Proactive and innovative
- 1 year of experience in administration with National diploma or Degree. Or At least 5 years of experience in administration with Certificate / Diploma.
- National diploma or degree in office administration with 1 year of experience. Or Certificate / Diploma in office administration with 5 years of experience.