- Life Hilton Private Hospital
- A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse – Neo Natal Experienced, in Maternity/Neonatal ICU Ward reporting to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the unit and ensure quality care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective cost management for staff and stock by
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Minimising unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
Providing quality patient care by
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted and investigating complaints
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
- Administering of medication in accordance to ethical, legal framework
- Review and comply with internal policies and protocols
- Interacting and communicating with a multi-disciplinary team
- Conducting in-service orientation on Unit specific preferences
Providing effective risk management (SHEQ & infection control) by
- Monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
- Ensuring the effective functioning of equipment and instrumentation
- Ensuring effective and accurate record keeping
Conducting effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying doctor’s preferences and stakeholders needs and implement in the working environment
- Diploma/Degree and current registration with SANC
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in ICU and NICU
- Competencies required are good interpersonal skills, an ability to work under pressure as part of a team, and be focused on quality performance.
- Must have the clinical skills and proficiency in the Maternity/ NICU ward
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Thursday, July 1, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.