Administration Clerk – Shipping
This leading South African book publisher and distributor seeks to employ a vibrant, dynamic career-orientated individual to fill the position of Administration Clerk based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this position is to handle shipping and supplier claims.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a matric qualification
- 3 years customer service/administration experience
- ERP system experience (advantageous)
- Previous exposure to a customer service/administrative environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and administrative skills
- Computer literacy – MS Office with sound Excel skills
- Very good communication skills – oral and written
- The ability to foster relations with principals/suppliers and freight agents
Attitude and personal value:
- Customer service oriented
- Flexible and amenable to change
- Must be able to liaise with internal and external contacts
- Articulate with a friendly disposition
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Team player
Duties would include:
- Engaging with principals and freight agents
- Generating shipping and returns claims.
- E-mailing shipping and returns claims to overseas principals and follow up outstanding credit notes
- General administration duties
The company offers a competitive package, as well as voluntary membership of the Medical Aid and compulsory membership to the Retirement Fund.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups..
Those who meet the requirements of the post and are interested in applying for this position may direct an application on the Media24 careers platform.
Closing date for applications: 10 September 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.