Higher Health: Administration Clerks
28 October, 2021
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre is an implementing agency of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) in respect of health, wellness and development of students and staff at 26 public universities, 50 technical and vocational education and training (TVET) colleges, & CET. The organisation is a national force for youth development, inspiring and enabling students to safeguard their health and wellbeing and pursue opportunities for personal growth and social responsibility.
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre aims to contribute to the success of the higher education and training sector by:
- Improving the health and psycho-social wellbeing of students, thereby enabling larger numbers of students to complete their studies and graduate in sound health.
- Enriching the knowledge and skills students acquire in relation to health, mental wellbeing and social development, and preparing them for career and family responsibilities.
- Creating a campus environment that is conducive to student health and wellbeing and offers structured opportunities for their personal development.
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre invites applications for the position of Administration Clerks x3 based at the Centurion Office.
The Administration Clerks provides support to ensure that all administrative tasks are handled efficiently and effectively and to coordinate different projects and Higher Health event logistics. This position reports to the National Programme Coordinator.
- National Diploma in Business Administration, Social Science or equivalent
- At least five years administrative experience performing in a high paced environment
- Experience in organizing and providing administrative assistance in an office environment
- Experience of handling a wide range of enquiries and in a professional manner
- Excellent record keeping and filling system
- Experience in organizing and planning events such as meetings, webinars, conferences and workshops
- Advanced level in written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent minute taking experience and ability
- Flexible working hours (especially when essential to meet deadlines)
- Strong computer literacy, with proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point and Outlook/e-mail along with strong internet-based skills including methods of online communication Teams, Zoom, Social Media Platform, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills to liaise with provincial staff
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, often under deadline pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Must be pro-active, self-motivated, energetic, flexible, adaptive and innovative
Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Efficient office management, administrative and secretarial support, including management of workflow, typing, maintaining office operating procedures, filing, minute taking, compiling correspondence for distributions.
- Work with the Director of Programme’s office on co-ordination of and provision of programme tasks, as assigned.
- Schedule meetings arranging workshops, seminars and make appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Distribute correspondence, invites and information to stakeholders
- Receiving and courier of material
- Generating stationery orders and distribution of IEC material
- Maintaining inventory of the programme units IEC material
- Compiling documents for internal and external meetings
- Coordinate staff leave and staff work plans
- Receive and compile monthly time sheets for the regional office and submit to finance department.
- Request quotes from service providers, process motivations for procurement and secure approvals with relevant line managers
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, agendas and compile documents for travel related meetings
Ad hoc duties
- Assist with any ad-hoc duties as required
- Assist and support National Programme Coordinator in the Director of Programmes office as needed
- Assist and support overall the Programmes Unit Operations as needed
Salary for the position is market related.
Interested candidates should please submit a one-page letter of motivation, CV and the names and contact details of at least three traceable referees, by close of business on 03 November 2021 email@example.com
The position is subject to availability of funding and Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre reserves the right not to make an appointment.