Central Office – Sandton
Sun Bet as the online sports betting division of Sun International will lead the alternative gaming strategy and business objectives, providing thought leadership and advice on sports betting product performance, revenue growth, operational governance and service standards, as well as building strategic relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; and leading the integration of online sports betting projects into operations.
The Administration Co-ordinator for Sunbet will be responsible for providing executive transactional and administrative support to members of the Sun Bet management team to ensure a seamless and consistent delivery of the business services to all clients and stakeholders, to enable and support operations in achieving their objectives.
- Grade 12
- Business Administration or secretarial diploma is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in an administrative function.
- Previous experience in and knowledge of sports is an advantage
- Confidentiality is a critical part of this role
Skills and Knowledge
- Clerical Administrative functions
- Conformance to Internal Standards and Sports betting procedures
- Minute taking / Typing
- Project Co-ordination
- Computer Literacy (MS Office / EGS)
- IFS (Purchase requisitions)
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Assuring quality
- Collecting information (sourcing; checking and / or documenting)
- Maintaining Focus
- Acting with energy and enthusiasm
- Managing customer and stakeholders
- Organising and co-ordinating
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide administrative support and respond to queries received by the management team (including responding to e-mails, mail and telephone enquiries), escalating or redirecting any issues identified
- Allocate and reconcile supplier invoices correctly and resolve all queries
- Liaise with vendors and ensure all documentation is in order and complete, and co-ordinate the loading of vendors
- Submit expense claims to the Finance department as per company policy and procedures.
- Update electronic repositories and shared folders with templates and support documentation around the various Sun Bet processes on the intranet, ensuring content remains relevant
- Identify, classify, maintain and protect all confidential files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling in line with legislative regulations for auditing purposes
- Troubleshoot and resolve first line queries and issues with stakeholders, escalating where required
- Administers the Sun Bet project and events calendar for the year
- Co-ordinate logistics for various events and meetings as required both internally and externally
- Co-ordinate, consolidate and provide administrative support on departmental projects, RAG reports, newsletters, memos, project plans, etc. and follow through on outstanding issues and action lists from minutes
- Complete reports / meeting minutes/ presentations / departmental documents and distribute to relevant parties
- Provide departmental onboarding for new employees within the department, including liaising with new staff members re the completion of starter packs / contracts, arranging necessary equipment, stationery and security tags, etc.
- Send out meeting/event invitations in advance (within reasonable time period to accommodate delegates).
- Book meeting venues according to meeting/event needs/requirements number of people, equipment, times, access to floor, accessibility, refreshments, and time frames.
- Arrange accommodation and travel logistics for gaming segment team members
- Monitor progress of projects and track volumes of project costs and payment of fees against a pre-defined budget to ensure costs are aligned with agreed contract terms and there is no disruption to projects / progress
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.