Reference Number: AFIN/2021/004
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a highly motivated, efficient, and enthusiastic person to administer, coordinate, and manage compliance within the quotation threshold.
This position requires an advanced Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics / Public Management or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 7. A postgraduate qualification or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 8 will be an added advantage. This position also requires a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Supply Chain Management.
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: extensive knowledge of the administration and coordination of RFPs & RFQs; well-rounded experience in the implementation of relevant legislation, policies, procedures, processes, and regulatory framework relevant to SCM; excellent knowledge and understanding of the Constitution, PFMA, PPPFA, and Treasury Regulations; advance knowledge for arrangement of Committee meetings, planning and organising, statistical reports writing; in-depth organisational skills, analytical and problem solving skills; excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key Performance Responsibilities include:
- Record keeping of documents;
- Attend to matters related to procurement processes in line with Supply Chain Management policies;
- Attend to administration matters related to sourcing and evaluating of quotations end-to-end;
- Provide professional service to Suppliers and other related stakeholders; and
- Provide assistance to governance, risk, and compliance matters.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr William Mahlangu on 012 843 5216 or preferably forward the completed application form a letter and concise CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to the Assistant Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Tuesday, 29 June 2021
Job Type: Permanent