CSA: Administrative Assistant
Conservation South Africa (CSA)
CONSERVATION FINANCE DIVISION PROGRAMME _ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Conservation South Africa, (CSA) as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
Conservation South Africa currently has a vacancy for an administrative assistant to support Conservation Finane Division Staff (CFD) working in South Africa. This is a 12 month contract position with renewal dependent on funding availability and performance.
In order to support the Regional Team working out of the CSA offices, the incumbent will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Managing the diaries of senior staff as required
- Booking of appointments for CI Regional staff
- Prepare EFT’s for any service providers used by the CFD team to ensure timely payment for services and facilities
- Assist with the reconciliation of per diems and other travel advances and entry into the electronic claims system
- Assist with setup meetings and boardroom bookings as and when required
- Take minutes at events and meetings as required
- Draft and type correspondence
- Coordinate logistics for events and workshops
- Assist staff with booking and planning travel using preferred Travel provider
- Assist with the completion and submission of travel documentation
- Develop and maintain an orderly and systematic electronic and manual filing system
- Ensure that the office equipment fully operational
- Manage the completion, collection and submission of leave forms
- Assist with procurement and contracting of consultants as required
- Liaise with project staff and support Project Managers where required
Essential minimum requirements for successful application:
- Grade 12 with a Business management diploma in related area and a minimum of 5 years of Business Management experience or any similar combination of education and experience, please submit proof thereof.
- Contactable references
- Experience in MS Office programmes including spreadsheet knowledge;
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle pressure and dynamic to change;
- Valid driver’s license.
- The basic salary available is R10 000 per month excluding benefits
- Kindly indicate your salary expectation with your application.
Application Process and Disclaimer:
- Persons who meet the above-mentioned requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Please forward your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Applications close on 14 June 2021 and no applications received after this date will be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly and should be available for interviews.
- CSA will communicate with shortlisted candidates only.
- If you do not receive feedback from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Conservation South Africa retains the right not to fill this position.
CSA is an affirmative action employer, wherever possible, selection will favour previously disadvantaged individuals, provided they are in possession of the required skills, knowledge and experience.