About the entity:
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Council regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal practitioners.
The Legal Practice Council (LPC) is currently embarking on a process to fill the role of an Administrator – Support Services in their North-West Provincial Offices
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric/Grade 12 Certificate
- National Diploma in Finance or HR (NQF6)
- 2 Years experience in HR or Finance;
- Knowledge of MS Office (Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
How you can make a difference:
- Input into the preparation of departmental reports;
- Coordinate procurement processes for the PC;
- Data capturing;
- Develop and manage filing system for the department;
- Liaise with National office on HR and Finance matters;
- Coordinate training interventions for the PC;
- Coordinate the submission of Finance and HR reports;
- Attend to telephonic inquiries;
- Oversee facilities functions in the PC;
- Coordinate payments for the PC including honoraria and travel claims;
- Adhere to stipulated time frames in the carrying out of administrative duties;
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate files of all correspondence and documentation and other administrative duties.
- Legal Practice Act, no 28 of 2014.
Skills & Competencies
▪ Communication ▪ Attention to detail ▪ Interpersonal ▪ Accuracy ▪ Problem solving ▪Integrity ▪ Time management ▪ Multitasking ▪ Report writing ▪ Typing ▪ Team player and working under pressure ▪
Additional Requirements & Information:
- Kindly submit a recently comprehensive updated CV;
- Copies of all relevant qualifications or certificates (Matric & Admission where applicable);
- Copy of ID and Driver’s License:
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks: Criminal record check; Citizenship verification; Qualification/study verification and previous employment verification);
- Also note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive any response within the 30 days from the closing date of the advert, consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Closing date for applications are 16 July 2021 – please note late applications will not be considered.
- Ad reference Number: Ref No: NC03/2021