CapeNature is inviting applications for an Administration Officer position within Conservation Operations, Landscape West. The ideal candidate would be a dynamic and energetic person with excellent communication, analytical and reporting skills. The position will report to the Landscape Manager: West. The purpose of the job is to support and assist the Landscape Manager in providing administrative support & assistance as well as undertaking day-to-day work/tasks.
KPA 1- Office Management and Administration:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Landscape Manager: assist with managing planning processes, meetings, workshops and related documents, work plans and processes.
- Ensure all administrative functions are completed as per the agreed Performance Agreement
- Ensure high quality of communication outputs and customer service by the Landscape Managers office: ensure effective communication with government agencies, partner organisations and within CapeNature.
- Organising events and conferences, inclusive of all logistics eg. Catering
- Undertake effective and efficient office administration: typing, filing, dealing with correspondence (including sensitive information).
KPA 2 – Diary Management and Logistics:
- Manage and make travel arrangements, submit relevant requisitions and claims, coordinate dates for meetings and schedule performance related engagements for manager and team members.
- Arrange for refreshments at meetings and trainings
- Effectively Manage the diary of the Landscape Manager.
KPA 3 – Supply Chain Management
- Assist with supply chain queries for West Landscape to ensure procurement are done within prescribed policies and regulations
- Implement systems of control for overall office management
- Maintain asset registers and manage assets according to CapeNature policy and procedures
KPA 4 – Financial Management:
- Procure goods and services and maintain accurate records for all financial transactions and complete variance reports to ensure management of annual expenses within the provided budget.
- Support the Landscape Administrator Officer with ensuring internal and financial control measures are in place in the West Landscape to ensure integrity of financial information.
KPA 5 – Minute Taking
- Compile agendas, take minutes and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings.
- Ensure that the paper, electronic and audio recordings are appropriately captured and stored.
- Qualification in Human Resources and or Office Administration.
- 3 to 5 years’ appropriate experience in Human Resources and or Administration.
- A valid code 8 driver’s license
- A good working knowledge of the MS Office suite particularly MS Outlook, MS. Word, and MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills in in two official languages of the Western Cape.
- Understanding of PFMA and related public sector supply chain processes would be advantageous
- Higher Education and Training Qualification
- Project Management Skills