Admission Clerk – Reception
- Patient services
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Admission Clerk – Reception
- X2 vacancies for a Fixed term Contract for Admission Clerks based at Life Entabeni Hospital reporting to, Receptionist Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing admissions and ensuring that admission run smoothly.
- Critical Outputs
- Carrying out admission and receptionist duties for the hospital
- Admitting patients onto Impilo
- Receiving and handling of cash
- Liaising with the medical aids to obtain authorization for admission
- Adhering to the protocols of the Hospital
- Adhering to the procedures of the department
- Responsible for accurately recording all admissions of patients to the hospital.
- Performing general administration duties involved in the admission of patients, including filing and assistance with billing of accounts.
- Operating the switchboard.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Experience within a healthcare environment including people management and customer service experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of admissions procedures
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Basic understanding of financial principles
- Computer proficiency (comprehensive knowledge of IMEDS or relevant software system)
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills a prerequisite.
- Experience in dealing with customers.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures and medical terminology will be advantageous teamwork essential.
- Available to come to work at short notice
- Ability to work under pressure
- Samke Msane
- Closing date
- Friday, May 28, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.