Admission Clerk x 1
- Life Hilton Private Hospital
- Admission Clerk x 1
- A vacancy exists for an Admission Clerk, based at Life Hilton Hospital, reporting to the Reception Supervisor. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of the Administration. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the Administrative duties of the hospital and be part of a professional team that is continuously striving for the highest standards of quality in a healthcare environment
- Critical Outputs
- Manage the accuracy of the admission process and the prevention of potential risk factors.
- Synergy and teamwork – working closely with credit controllers, case manager’s reception staff and doctors.
- Manage the risk for the hospital by adhering to all related protocols.
- Ensure quality care to all patients is maintained.
- Operating switchboard
- Handling of money
- Collection of co-payments, private fees when applicable as well as related documentation
- Performing general administration duties involved in the preadmission of patients
- Knowledge of Rehabilitation working procedures
- Maintain a well-run, professional and patient focused admission environment.
- Sound knowledge of Impilo and working procedures
- Need to work flexi time.
- Management of archive files and accurate file.
- Assist with Agency e-billing project
- Management of laundry stock and capturing on the gateway.
- Matric qualification with two years hospital experience in an administrative position is essential.
- Strong computer literacy and must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Excellent skill and knowledge of administrative environment.
- Must be having knowledge of Impilo and IMEDS system.
- Must be focused on efficient, timely and professional service at all times to the hospital and its customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and be able to work independently when required.
- Good Interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, self-motivated, goal orientated, energetic and enjoy working in a hospital environment.
- Must be willing to comply with all relevant legislatives, policies and procedures of the hospital and Life Healthcare
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment.
- Verbal & written communication and presentation.
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Closing date
- Friday, April 2, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.