Direct Reporting Line:
IIE MSA, formerly known as Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University. Since April 2019 we are part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere. The IIE is internationally recognised by the British Accreditation Council. IIE MSA, located on a 100-hectare campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng. In addition to domestic (South African) students, IIE MSA is home to a diverse of cultures of students from 50 African countries.
The IIE MSA has a vacancy for an Admission Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Application & Admission Administration
- Collaborates with the campus Student Recruitment team to generate student admissions related queries.
- Follows up with the Student Recruitment team for missing student information in order to finalise all student admissions related queries.
- Evaluates student admissions against the set admission criteria and communicates the appropriate outcomes.
- Liaises with the campus Student Recruitment team during the admission evaluation process and assessment.
- Escalates admission queries to the Senior Admission Officer or Admissions Manager.
- Liaises with the campus Student Recruitment team on the management of admission waitlists.
- Liaises with the campus Student Recruitment team on the management of declined admissions and expired offers and the issuing of new offers of study.
- Documents management and issuance of appropriate admission letters.
- Determines conditions associated with student admission and follows up on them thereafter.
- Determines the eligibility of the admittees onto academic programmes.
- Tracks student admissions through to registration.
- Reports on admission progress to the Senior Admission Officer.
- Adheres to established service level agreements of the admissions process set by the organisation.
- Works with the Finance department on finance related issues of admission.
- Works with the Senior Admission Officer to ensure admission compliance for the campus.
- Works with the Admissions Manager on national admission projects.
Student Registration Administration
- Checks pre-requisites for 1st to 2nd semester.
- Verifies registrations against the admission criteria.
- Checks the accuracy of student registration information on an ongoing basis.
- Manages the de-registration and transfer process, and thereafter sends to the Finance department for processing.
- Checks the National Senior Certificate (NSC) exception reports on a weekly basis.
- Follows up on all outstanding documentation and uploads once received.
- Determines eligibility and captures academic credits.
- Determines maximum completion time and credit load of such registrations.
- Allocates student grouping in line with campus scheduling requirements.
- Maintains student files for a period of two years before archiving the files in line with the data retention regulations of the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA).
- Ensures compliance of international students from a document perspective.
- Adheres to the International Student Policy/Procedure and updates reports regularly.
- Re-audits all registration files in line with the stipulated deadline for the Data Verification Report.
- Re-audits all registration files by the audit date stipulated by the Registrar, this would include the following; the South African Qualifications Authority SAQA / Universities South Africa (USAF) qualifications, study visas and all conditional acceptance – including remarks, international Students and all outstanding documentation.
- Tracks and monitors conditional admissions throughout the year such as one module outstanding / Universities South Africa (USAF) / South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) / combined National Senior Certificate (NSC ) / study visas and all other ad hoc conditional admissions.
- Adheres to the established service level agreements of the registration process set by the organisation.
- Drafts letters for current students such as; Proof of Registration letters, Travel letters, Medical Aid letters, Universities South Africa (USAF) letters, SAQA letters and Study Permit letters.
- Determines eligibility of the graduation cohort including late graduation.
- Identifies and advises of any students who are graduating outside of their graduation year (exception graduates).
- Verifies student information for prospective graduates.
- Prepares Short Learning Programme (SLP) and Corporate offer certificates.
- Checks the graduation programme for sign off.
- Ensures that graduation timelines are met.
- Facilitates qualification certificate re-prints.
- Processes assigned admission, graduation & registration tickets received via the student tickets system
Reports & Other
- Facilitates continuous communication with the Assistant Registrar in relation to resolving the Registrar related queries.
- Complies with The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) legislation relevant to the Admission Centre.
- Performs other ad hoc administrative and/or reporting duties as and when required.
- National Diploma/Advanced Certificate (NQF Level 6). Advanced Diploma or Degree (NQF Level 7) advantageous.
- 2 years administrative experience (ideally with admissions experience).
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer proficiency
- Planning skills
- Time management skills
- Deadline and results driven
- Best suited to a friendly, organised and systematic person who has an eye for detail and who works accurately and is able to handle pressure
- This is an EE/AA role