- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Admissions Clerks
- Positions for Admission Clerks have become available at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital, reporting to the Reception Supervisor, Zain Roberts.
Successful candidates will be working in a highly pressurised environment and their attention to detail will be highly advantageous.
- Critical Outputs
- This is a shift work position which includes working weekends, night duty and public holidays when necessary.
- Responsible for accurately recording all admissions of patients to the hospital.
- Accountable for:
- Carrying out admission and receptionist duties for the hospital
- Performing general administration duties involved in the admission of patients, including filing and assistance with billing of accounts
- Admitting patients onto Impilo
- Operating the Switchboard
- Handling money and being accountable for collecting co-payments on admission
- Cashing up and doing the daily banking.
- Liaising with the medical aids to obtain authorisation for admission
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Impilo, Imeds)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in dealing with customers
- Knowledge of hospital procedures and medical terminology
- Must be able to flex between day and night shift.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Debra Choice
- 021 506 4150
- Closing date
- Monday, March 1, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.