Hermanus Times, proud source of local news in the Overberg District has an exciting opportunity for an Advertising Sales Representative to join the team. This person would be required to sell advertising across our various platforms for the publication and would be based at the Hermanus Office.
Key duties include:
- Daily canvassing of new business by selling advertisements for the required publication.
- Make sure monthly targets are reached and even exceeded
- Stimulate the market by means of innovative ideas and by creating advertising platforms which will suit the client’s advertising needs
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to generate additional income
- Matric or similar qualification
- Degree or diploma in sales and or marketing would be an advantage
- At least two years’ sales experience would serve as an advantage
- Computer literacy, especially MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of social media sales platforms would be an advantage
- Good communication skills (write and speak)
- Good presentation skills
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license and own, reliable transport essential
- A positive attitude and the ability to work in an extremely pressurized environment
- Initiative and the ability to clinch a deal
- Attending ad-hoc functions and networking events after hours
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.