District Mail currently has an opportunity for an Advertising Sales Representative. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years’ experience in a sales environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the generating of sales, service current clients and key accounts and grow current sales by regularly calling on designated clients and accounts to sell the company’s products and services within the geographic or product boundaries and thereby meet predetermined targets.
- Develop and implement account plans and approaches in line with the overall strategy formulated by the Advertising Sales Manager;
- Identify and generate new business opportunities ongoing to achieve predetermined sales targets;
- Prepare and present sales proposals and presentations to new and existing clients to negotiate and close deals;
- Create tailored solutions that meet the client’s short and long-term needs;
- Build strategic working relationships with clients and maintain a high level of client contact (telephonic and face to face) to ensure that their specific requirements are addressed, to monitor and grow existing business;
- Analyse potential sales opportunities by using data analyses, segmented research and information available to identify the attributes most valued by these potential clients;
- Provide professional and exceptional client service in all interactions with clients;
- Closely monitor competitors and maintain client database;
- Keep all administrative work updated;
- Report on sales opportunities and achievements as required (weekly and monthly); and
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Sales ability and persuasion (including negotiation skills)
- Building customer relationships
- Goal orientated and motivated to succeed
- Work well under extreme pressure and in target driven environment
- Time management skills
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Presentation skills
- Grade12 with a relevant tertiary qualification in sales/marketing preferred.
- A valid code 8 drivers license
- Experience 3-5 years’ experience within a sales / target driven environment;
- Experience dealing with advertising agencies.
- Experience in media industry
- Digital and Social Media sales experience
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications;
- Knowledge of sales strategies and concepts;
- Good understanding of developing sales reports
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.