Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Advertising Specialist to join the team based in Midrand. The main purpose of this role will be to effectively execute Dis-Chem’s promotional activities. The role will also be required to liaise with Buyers and Suppliers to ensure all promotional deadlines are adhered to.
- Grade 12 / Matric or Senior Certificate
- 2 – 3 years relevant working experience in the retail industry (Knowledge of Marketing Practices and Principles. In depth knowledge of the Retail, Beauty, FMCG, Health & Pharmacy industry in SA)
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing
- Agency experience in Retail.
- SAP and Clickview experience
- Effectively communicate with suppliers regarding relevant marketing activities.
- Assist the Advertising Team Leader with adhering to the promotional plan
- Be responsible for advertising proof reading.
- Assist with broadsheet advertising from start to finish.
- Ensure that deals are given on time to be loaded on the IT System.
- Assist with the billings on marketing by vendor, including broadsheets, TV, Gondola and all other promotional activities necessary.
- Assist with the tallies on promotional activity to be billed to vendor and passed back to stores timeously.
- Ensure stores execute promotional activities timeously.
- Assist the Advertising Team Leader with ad agencies to get all marketing material completed in time.
- Assist Advertising Manager with any adhoc promotional marketing requirements.
- Assist with communication between Dis-Chem and advertising agencies.
- Accurately perform duties using Dis-Chem`s internal systems SAP, BI, Qlikview.
- Complete a brief sheet for all promotions to be used for billing, advertising briefing, and PO`s.
- Ensure all promotional items are signed off both by the Head of the Beauty Department and respective suppliers before print date.
- Follow set process set by the Advertising Team Leader and Manager
- Develop draft advertising layouts and text as campaign materials and present to management for approval and review.
- Assist with the layout and design of communications such as presentations, support materials, research papers, and brochures.
- Ensure that promotional plans are in line with the Dis-Chem standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with agencies to create a creative look and feel elements for the point of sale.
- Administrate and ensure the implementation of the look and feel in the beauty department in the store.
- Ensure all tasks are done in accordance with the set deadlines.
- English – Read, write, and speak well. Superior communication and presentation skills. Be able to proof read documents.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational, time and project management skills
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.