Anti-Poaching Security Manager
08 July 2021
Addo Elephant National Park
A Challenging vacancy currently exists for an Anti-Poaching Security Manager at Addo Elephant National Park. The successful candidate will have to be a highly motivated individual with the necessary skills and expertise to take immediate control of all Wildlife security-related matters in the park and will report to the Park Manager.
The remuneration package includes an all-inclusive cost to company salary, based on the scale of a position with a Paterson D1 job grade, allowances and benefits as specified in the HR tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks. The successful candidate will be accommodated in official accommodation in the park and must be prepared to work over weekends.
Please address your application, accompanied by a CV, to the following address:
NB: Put the Following Reference Number On Your Application: Anti-Poaching Security Manager Addo
South African National Parks
Addo Elephant National Park, Addo
You may also email it to email@example.com. Or fax to 086 7300 793.
If you have not been responded to within 14 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Degree in Nature Conservation or Environmental Sciences supported by at least 5 years practical experience as a Section Ranger, in a Big 5 area
- Field Ranger Training Instructor with experience in training and recruiting Law Enforcement staff.
- Minimum of 5 years Law Enforcement experience, conducting anti-poaching operations (foot patrols, clandestine patrols, active follow ups) in areas with large and dangerous game and experience in Protected Area Management.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in contact situations, especially armed contacts.
- Demonstrated leadership
- To have a working knowledge of relevant Environmental legislation such as Protected Areas Act, Biodiversity Act, Conservation of Agricultural Resources Act and National Water Act.
- Knowledge of the Public Financial Management Act and Financial management experience.
- Be fully computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and First Aid.
- Be in possession of at least a valid code 08 driver’s licence.
- Management, Report writing, Planning, Leadership Skills as well as excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Qualified as a Peace officer
- Firearm Range Officer with experience in conducting shooting exercises and firearm control and management.
- Firearm competency and the ability to use all categories of firearms is a necessity.
- Appointment as an Environmental Management Inspector (EMI) Grade 2.
- High level of general fitness and mental alertness is required in this position.
- No Criminal record- screening will be conducted. Honesty/integrity screening will be conducted.
- Shortlisted candidates who pass the compulsory fitness test will proceed to the interview.
- Maintaining territorial integrity that includes law enforcement, collection, collation, interpretation and evaluation of information, natural processes and phenomena in the park and adjacent areas and communities
- Oversee biodiversity conservation and wilderness protection in compliance with relevant national legislation. This includes conservation matters such as Marine management, EIAâs, veld fires, wildlife populations, damage-causing and problem animals, rivers and water provision.
- Ensure cooperation and synergy between Addo Elephant National Park, Provincial and Local Government conservation bodies and Community conservation areas adjacent to the Park as far as law enforcement and security matters are concerned.
- Build and maintain good communication and relationships with internal and external stakeholders ie SAPS, Hawks, APU from Eastern Cape reserves (provincial and private)
- Implementation and administration of approved Conversation Policy according to agreed management and operational plans as well as stipulations of relevant legislation.
- Oversee Addo Elephant National Park K9 units
- Financial management that includes the preparation of budgets and daily financial administration APU unit.
- Human Resources management and administration of APU unit.
- Implement law enforcement and maintain effectively but sound Human Resources & administration management.
- Ensure 100% compliance to PFMA Act, Supply Chain Management and all necessary legislative.
R 390 533 – R 604 043