Armoury Manager – Robertville
A vacancy exists for a Armoury Manager our Robertville Branch reporting to the National Armoury Manager. The overall purpose of this position is to ensure that the company policies and procedures pertaining to the Armoury are adhered to at all times.
- Grade 12 – Matric.
- PSIRA Grade A Registered and Accredited.
- Firearm Competency on all Firearms for Business Purposes.
- Good knowledge of the Firearms control act.
- No Criminal Record or any pending cases.
- Must have at least 3 Years Security or SAPS Experience with 3 Contactable References.
- Excellent Computer Skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent Administration Skills.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to liaise professionally with personnel and customers at all levels.
- Ability to work without supervision and under pressure.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence.
- Must have own Reliable Transport.
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive):
- Control of Firearm Controller.
- Issuing and receiving of firearms to and from all Branches nationally.
- Controlling and issuing and receiving of all broken firearms to the gunsmith for repairs
- Scanning of all firearms.
- Controlling of all firearm licenses and follow-up on all overdue firearms.
- Conducting Audits on all Firearms and Ammunition.
- Ensure that the company policies and procedures pertaining to the Armoury are adhered to.
- Maintaining all records as per company policies and procedures.
- General Administration Duties.
- Reporting of findings to National Armoury Manager.
- Ensuring that the vault alarm system is functioning correctly as per set standard.
- Good housekeeping at all times.
- Issuing and receiving of all caliber ammunition from and to branches/suppliers.
Other Personality Attributes:
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Have excellent organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and encourage development of others.
- Must be able to work reliably and responsibly with internal and external colleagues and suppliers.
- Must be proactive, innovative and objects driven.
- Must be “hands on” and able to resolve problems quickly.
- Must be able to handle difficult customers and suppliers with patience and understanding.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and willing to travel if and when required. (Needs to be flexible and adaptable).
- Give great attention to detail, results driven with great customer focus and must be responsible and accountable.
- Have analytical thinking skills.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.