To ensure maximum availability of plant and equipment with minimum downtime by effectively performing preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Repair and maintain plant equipment in line with prescribed regulations and standards to reinstate its normal operating condition.
- Conduct inspections, test equipment and components in order to identify faults.
- Coordinate activities and sequences associated with troubleshooting/ faultfinding and repairing equipment, ensuring faults are detected, repaired, and functionally restored with minimal disruption to plant operations.
- Respond immediately to work requests in order to reduce the impact of equipment down time.
- Execute preventive maintenance tasks in order to retain equipment reliability.
- Ensure relevant resources, tools and equipment are available to perform preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance effectively.
- Participate in root cause analysis processes, providing relevant information and recommendations and execute corrective measures.
- Innovation and business improvements in support of the departmental goals and business plan.
- Ensure safety regulations, procedures and standards are adhered to by identifying hazards associated with assigned tasks and escalating hazards that cannot be mitigated.
- Report any incidents, injuries and near misses.
- Supervise and train Maintenance Assistants and Apprentices on assigned tasks.
- Matric/ N3 Mechanical Engineering Certificate
- N6 Mechanical Engineering Diploma
- Mechanical Trade Certificate
- 5 – 8 years’ experience as a Mechanical Artisan.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Maintenance Principles
- Job card systems
- Fault Finding
- Interpretation of Mechanical Drawings
- Technical analytical and diagnostic skills
- Basic hand tools and workshop machinery
- Safety knowledge
Internal applicants should apply on the SABN careers portal on the intranet by uploading detailed CV’s and copies of qualifications. External applicants should apply on Careers24 website by uploading detailed CV’s, ID copy, copies of qualifications and recent pay slip. No applications will be considered if the supporting documents are not submitted.
SABN is committed to employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SABN & its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements. Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Should you not hear from us within 10 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. SABN reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Prospective applicants must be willing to undergo a series of assessments and security clearance process as prescribed by the National Key Point Act.