Location: GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based in Secondary Production, Wadeville. The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Foreman and indirectly to the Packaging Engineer.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining machinery and equipment in the packaging plant.
- Executing planned maintenance schedules and ad-hoc maintenance orders (Running vs. non-running ,maintenance days and annul shutdown)
- Assets care coaching with machine operators
- Fault detection and rectification. Strong set of fault finding skills.
- Lead /assist with problem-solving as required.
- Manage small projects /upgrade when required.
- Identify improvements areas in the packaging hall in terms of maintenance and line slow running improvement.
- Executing effective production safety /housekeeping. Custodian of safe operation.
- Workplace improvement /innovation in support of operational and departmental goals.
- Good aptitude of mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
- Provide feedback on breakdowns, work executed, work arising and other plants issues.
- Owner of machine and / or line reliability performance.
- Complete scheduled work orders as per reliability maintenance plan per line.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Trade test certificated , Relevant trade theory at N2 level
- 3-5 Years’ experience.
- Planning skills
- Problem solving
- Procurement procedures
- Investigation skills
- Assets care principle and knowledge
- Project management skills, People management skills, coaching and root cause analysis.
- Continuous improvement process
- Document control procedure
- Change management
Note: Applicants will undergo technical assessments.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 18257 Closing Date: 16 July 2021