Assistant Group Treasury Manager
- Head Office, JHB
- Assistant Group Treasury Manager
- A vacancy exists for an Assistant Group Treasury Manager at Life Healthcare, Dunkeld Head Office. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager Group Finance and have initial responsibility for Group Treasury operations with a medium-term view of providing input into Group funding and liquidity, global cash management and financial risk management with respect to foreign exchange, interest rates and counterparty risk.
The successful candidate will be an integral part in maintaining positive relationships with internal operating companies, banks, and financial institutions.
- Critical Outputs
- Review and update Group Treasury Policy and provide input into risk management policies affecting interest rate, foreign exchange, counterparty, and treasury operations
- Establish/maintain positive relationships with banks and financial institutions, leveraging those relationships for refinancing or access to loan and debt capital markets
- Support the GM Finance in negotiating optimal funding terms with lenders
- Forecast quarterly cash flow positions and related borrowing needs
- Anticipate short-term liquidity requirements and longer-term funding needs and make recommendations to GM Finance for Investment Committee review
- Maintain credit rating agency relationships
- Review intercompany loan documentation, ensuring compliance with transfer pricing and other tax related issues
- Maintain Group Company bank mandates
- Manage Group Company treasury payments and arrange authorisation pre-cut-off
- Review and approve bank confirmations for Group Treasury transactions (loans, swaps, market valuations etc)
- Maintain debt maturity profile in line with policy
- Where approval is required, prepare SARB application and follow up
- Assist finance teams with queries relating to treasury activities
- Assist with internal/external audit queries
- Provide input and assist Group Financial Accountant with month-end reporting and quarterly committee papers
- Any other duties / projects that may be assigned from time to time
- Relevant B. Com degree (Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance)
- Honours or CA (SA) an advantage
- Knowledge of debt capital, interest rate and currency markets, accounting, finance, and tax
- Working knowledge and / or understanding of banking industry terminology, rules, and regulations
- 3+ years’ working experience in an accounting or finance environment.
- Experience working in a treasury environment an advantage
- Relevant commercial experience an advantage
- Strong knowledge of SAP, electronic banking, MS Office Programs, particularly PPT and Advanced Excel experience
- Previous Treasury Management System experience an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Financial understanding and reporting
- Cash flow models
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Time management
- Deadline driven
- Closing date
- Friday, June 18, 2021
Candidate must be willing to gain a thorough knowledge of Compensation & Benefits in general as well as a good understanding of the Life Healthcare retirement funds. Customer focus and sound judgement skills are critical. Good organisational skills are essential.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.