Job Grade : Paterson Grade: A
Department : Finishing
Position Type : Permanent
To provide assistance in the department with daily production tasks.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Accept and inspect product, raw materials from the storage areas and transport these to the applicable production section
- Ensure that there are sufficient consumables such as platforms and boxes for the production shift
- Operating the feeder to ensure good quality paper feed into the machine, troubleshoot and resolve feeder related problems
- Monitors ink levels, replenish as and when required, perform autonomous maintenance tasks
- Operating cutting machine for boards, assist with the changeover, make ready, cleaning and stripping of machine
- Report any deviations in accordance with the company procedures
- Assist with balancing of product daily
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Adhere to housekeeping standards
- Ensure that safe work practices are adhered to, identify, address, escalate hazards and risks in the workplace
The Preferred Candidate is likely to have:
- Grade 12 and N3 Engineering or TT3
- 1 -2 years’ experience in the printing/manufacturing industry will be added advantage
Internal applicants should apply on the SABN careers portal on the intranet by uploading detailed CV’s and copies of qualifications. External applicants should apply on Careers24 website by uploading detailed CV’s, ID copy, copies of qualifications and recent pay slip. No applications will be considered if the supporting documents are not submitted.
The personal information in this form is collected and processed for recruitment purposes only and will not be utilised for any other purpose. You can read more on how we process your personal information in the South African Reserve Bank Privacy Notice. You absolve the SABN for any liability whatsoever, and howsoever arising from the providing of information.
SABN is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SABN and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements. Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Should you not hear from us within 10 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. SABN reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Prospective applicants must be willing to undergo a series of assessments and security clearance process as prescribed by the National Key Point Act.