FMS Property Managers, a subsidiary of the well respected Faircape Group currently manages 80 Sectional Title Schemes and Homeowner Associations. As we are a Western Cape based Company, our focus is primarily on the Western Cape region.
We regard ourselves as a market leader in the field due to our competitive edge, ability to be innovative and to keep up-to-date with market needs and trends.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Property Operations Manager to support the Managing Member and ensure the smooth running of operations in the FMS Property Managers department.
If you would like to pursue your career in a busy, fast paced, dynamic environment then apply now!
Duties for this position include, but is not limited to the following:
5 Portfolio Managers
1 Portfolio Administrator
- Compiling management and operational reports as required to report on the compliance of the respective property portfolios
- Identifying areas that requires to be included in reporting
- Understand and implement the necessary standard operating procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance with the Sectional Titles Act as well as the services committed to in the Management Agreement
- Ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures are understood and followed by all FMS staff.
- Conducting a Portfolio Review with the respective portfolio managers providing them with the required guidance and agreeing and documenting action items to be res
- Ensure that all Meeting Action items are actioned reported to the stakeholders
- Attend Trustee meetings with Portfolio Managers where it is requested for management to be present.
Onboarding and training of Portfolio Managers
- Providing the necessary support and training to ensure that all FMS staff use the systems efficiently.
- Managing and improving the induction program for all new staff in FMS
- Develop and manage the training material for all newcomers
- Schedule and observe all probation reviews together with the Managing Member
- Managing , conducting and planning of the continuous training of Portfolio Managers on all KPIs
- Review and approve budgets as prepared by the Budget Coordinator for all buildings
- Review the monthly Business Report sent to the trustees for correctness.
- Assess suitability of new buildings, calculating a proposed management fee – discuss and motivate to the Managing Member & CEO
- Customer facing – send proposal of services and meet with trustees to present services
- Manage the entire onboarding process of new buildings
- Manage new buildings for 3 months, before allocating to a Portfolio manager
- BComm degree or Bachelors in Property Studies
- Sectional Title / Home Owner’s Course advantageous (Paddocks)
Experience and knowledge:
- At least 5 years experience in an operations manager role and proven experience in and knowledge of sectional title and property management.
Skills and Attributes:
- Solid comprehension of financial statements and budgets
- Comfortable with technology, easy adaption to new systems.
- Ability to compile accurate reports where necessary
- Ability to work in a team and to drive the team to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Problem solving skills
- Self starter – Management of own work flow, balancing deadlines, prioritizing
- Adaptability – the ability to adapt easily to change in systems, workflow process, reporting etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Efficient, able to multitask, and willing to be a team-player.
- Clear health record
- Clear credit record
- No criminal record
- Own transport
- Written employment references preferable
With centrally located and modern offices just across from Cavendish in Claremont, Faircape offers a market related salary from R40,000.00 Cost to Company per month.
If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.