Location: WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above mentioned positions to be based at the Paarl Cluster, Nederburg. The successful applicant will report to the Winemaker Red.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure effective and efficient running of the cellar by assisting the Winemaker Red in executing and controlling daily activities in the cellar.
• Responsible for proper administration and process control in the Wines department.
• Managing of stock levels and participate in monthly stock-take.
• Responsible for assisting in making, blending and processing wines to final product.
• Ensuring that final product is of highest quality and ready for bottling/to be dispatched to the bottling sites, on time and in specification.
• Ensuring all quality systems are maintained and followed in the Wines department.
• Effective management of subordinates by ensuring that procedures and practices are followed.
• Managing and reporting of cellar improvement projects.
• Responsible for organoleptic approval of all inbound raw material up until QC stage.
• Responsible for hygiene, neatness and safety of the working area by complying with housekeeping standards.
• Identification and management of grape quality with the grape purchasing department.
• Liaising with other Distell sites, and the wine buying department to produce wines in the desired style and in a timely fashion.
• Attendance of internal and external wine tastings/marketing events.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
• A relevant BSc Degree in Viticulture & Oenology or Microbiology/Science; or a National Diploma/B Agric Degree in Cellar Technology/Winemaking
• A minimum of 3 years cellar and winemaking experience with a recognized producer of quality table wine
• Computer literacy in MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of the SAP system would be advantageous
• Strong people management skills
• Leadership and disciplinary training would be advantageous
• Be able to work with minimal supervision
• Be available to work overtime and on weekends based on operational requirements
• Willing to travel
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 18202 Closing Date: 19 July 2021