Location: Adam Tas, WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position in the Cellar Department, based at Adam Tas in Stellenbosch. The successful incumbent will report to the Winemaker.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Winemaker in executing and controlling daily activities in winemaking and maturation.
- Responsible for stock control
- Responsible for assisting in making, blending and processing wines.
- Responsible for crushing and pressing cellar and related activities during harvest.
- Ensuring wine is delivered to the Packaging Department timeously.
- Ensuring all quality systems are maintained and followed in the Winemaking Department.
- Manage subordinates.
- Identification and management of grape quality with the grape Purchasing Department.
- Liaising with other Distell sites, and the Wine Buying Department to produce wines in the desired style timeously
- Attend internal and external wine tastings.
- Establish successful networks with service departments and customers.
- Actively participate in E² business initiatives.
The successful candidate must have the followingqualification, skills and experience:
- A relevant BSc Degree or Elsenburg diploma in Cellar Technology.
- Must have relevant experience within a cellar and or have completed a harvest.
- Proven experience in managing and leading a team.
- Sound conflict handling experience/skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience in the SAP system will be advantageous.
- Ability to work independently, identify and solve problems and make relevant decisions.
- Good time management and co-ordination skills.
- Be self-motivated and action driven.
- Be a team player and innovator.
If you are interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page:https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply on-line.
Reference number: 18127 Closing Date: 18 June 2021