- To be responsible for selling our Conference Centre as a venue for conferences, meetings, training, dining events and weddings.
- Maintaining the existing client base and identifying new markets and business opportunities.
- Achieving overall profitability of the conferencing and banqueting business.
- Conferencing product enhancement and development.
- Recruiting of the new clients to our database and to promote Meropa Hotel.
- To create partnership with the events organizers for social entertainment
- Hotel School Diploma or equivalent OR Sales & Marketing Certificate/Diploma/Degree
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years experience in Conferencing, Banqueting, events and Hotel Sales with a proven sales track record.
- Proven experience of managing/working with budgets.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work long hours
- Computer skills
Key Performance Areas:
PLANNING AND DELIVERY
- Direct day to day involvement in handling sales enquiries and bookings.
- Promptly and professionally responding to telephone and written enquiries for event business and conducting show rounds.
- Liaise in writing and verbally with clients at any stage from initial enquiry through to post event follow up and in particular writing effective sales and financial proposals for event business.
- Proactively following up on enquiries and bookings to ensure the highest level of conversion and accurately record and follow up on all lost business.
- Ensure that an outstanding service is provided to clients from the point of sale through to implementation of event and follow up.
- Working closely with F&B Management/Banqueting Duty Managers to ensure the clients needs and expectations are met and in ensuring full delivery of the event in line with the clients booking.
- Proactively create and close new business through networking, marketing and personal sales activity.
- To maintain and increase existing business and relationships.
- To propose and assist in the production of all relevant documentation needed for sales literature.
- Check customer satisfaction and resolve any outstanding issues to ensure future business.
- Set up and maintain appropriate procedures and systems to ensure all event planning and administration is managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure information is timely and clearly communicated.
- To act as a key contact for corporate and government clients booking the venue in advance of their event, in collaboration with the Banqueting Team.
- Contribute to the development of our website and input information if required by marketing for our venues.
- Maintain and develop good contacts and working relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, suppliers, stakeholders and external organizations in order to promote the value of the work we deliver.
- To work within agreed defined budgets.
- Make and analyze monthly financial projections.
- Achieve Hotel targets
- Draft annual budgets in liaison with Food and Beverage Manager.
- Maintain budgets and programmed monitors, ensuring they are kept up to date and are accurate.
- Ensure invoices and pre-payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Annually review the pricing of the facilities
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.