The Faircape Group operates 6 high end retirement/lifestyle villages in the Western Cape. Locations of these estates are in Noordhoek, Kirstenhof, Tokai, Somerset West and Onrus.
We are looking for a Bartender / Waiter for our Tokai Estate facility.
This high end facility is located near the Blue Route Mall and in close proximity to all major transport routes.
Job duties include, but is not limited to the following:
- Cleaning agreed designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- Changing table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
- Cleaning and refilling cruet and condiment sets.
- Setting tables to laid-down standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
- To be totally familiar with the composition of all menu items.
- Serving food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, in a professional, courteous manner.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the residents in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- Attending to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- To be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress
- Preparation of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages
- Provide full wine service
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
Working hours: Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays from 07h00 to 19h00, according to the roster. You will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month. When required to work bar shifts, you will start at 09h00 and end at 21h00.
Experience and knowledge:
- Proven experience as Waiter and Bartender
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of serving etiquette and basic wine knowledge
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.