Under the direction of the immediate manager, the incumbent is responsible for
serving in the hotel and conference centre bars and to make sure that the bars are
kept well stocked, clean and tidy all the times.
• A relevant three-year Diploma or equivalent.
• Any relevant tertiary qualification in Hospitality Management, Food and
Beverage Management or equivalent will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Barman at an up market vibrant bar.
• A wine certificate will be an added advantage.
• Previous experience in a high end/ silver service bars is highly desirable.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Beverages service.
• Hygiene, health and safety.
• Cashier duties.
• Customer service.
• Training of students.
• Perform any other duties as delegated by the Line Manager.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced bar.
• Good cocktails and speciality in drinks knowledge.
• Sound wine knowledge.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Computer skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• People orientated, hard worker, responsible, reliable, creative and innovative.
• Respectful, honesty, punctuality and understand of protocol.
• Proven attributes of transparency, integrity and teamwork.
Candidates who meet the minimum
requirements are invited to apply for
the advertised positions. Remuneration
will be commensurate with the level at
which incumbents of this position will
be expected to perform.
It is compulsory that all applications
have the following documents:
• UMP application form for
employment (is accessible on www.
• Letter of application (that provides
detailed information on how the
applicant meets the requirements
for the position)
• A comprehensive CV
• Certified copies of relevant
qualifications, ID and appropriate
Failure to comply with the requirements
on your application will automatically
disqualify your application.
All applications should be forwarded
If UMP has not responded within eight
weeks of the closing date, you should
regard your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be entered into
with shortlisted candidates. It is the
intention of the university to promote
representivity in respect of race,
gender, and disability through the filling
of this post.
Enquiries and details regarding this
post may be directed to Human
Resource Management, Ms Nomsa
Mnisi on (013) 002 0056.
Closing date is 26 March 2021