Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity for a Bartender to be based at our Chatsworth Branch, Durban. The successful incumbent will be responsible for preparing drinks, snacks or food for Punters/Customers. It’s imperative that exceptional Customer service and clean service areas are always maintained.
- A minimum of 1-year food and beverage experience.
- Experience with the P.O.S system.
- Stock management will be an advantage.
- GAAP System will be an advantage.
- Ensure uniforms are adhered to and in accordance with the dress code.
- Ensure that you look presentable to the Customers as you are the face of the company and need to present a professional image.
- Ensure the bar area is neat and tidy prior to opening. Ensure that the same standard is kept during service times to ensure that the service area is always neat and tidy. Ensure the service area is cleaned before Customers are seated.
- Prepare stock requisition the night before but no later than an hour before opening time. Identify fast-selling items and increase requisition and consider relevant trends, busy periods/events that might increase stock requirements.
- Ensure fridges are always sufficiently stocked and ensure stock rotation.
- Ensure float is correct.
- Greet Customers and thank guests, always acting in a pro-active and positive manner.
- Show interest to the Customer/Punter, pay attention when they speak and maintain eye contact during conversations.
- Present menus to Customers/Punters and answer questions about menu items. Advise on daily specials and make recommendations upon request.
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner and address the Customer in a respectful manner.
- Serve orders beverages/snacks or food timeously. Check with Customers to ensure they are enjoying their beverages or meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Take beverage/food orders as soon as the Customer/Punter is seated. Ensure beverage order is taken within five minutes after the menu is presented and food/snack orders are placed if requested. If required, check Customer identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages should the Customer appear to be under-aged.
- Write the orders on order slips to ensure the correct order is recorded. After receiving the order, immediately enter the order onto POS (GAAP) to ensure the order is generated.
- Follow up on food delays from the kitchen, advising Customers/Punters on delays and regularly communicating the status of the order.
- Ensure Customer/Punter complaints are dealt with efficiently. Record all complaints in the complaint log and communicate all complaints to F&B Supervisor.
- Collect payments from Customers either by cash or card and correctly record the payment. Thank the Customer/Punter for the tip. Any voids to be authorized by the F&B Supervisor.
- Reconciliation of all sales and cash/credit card payments to ensure that all monies are accounted for. The Bartender is accountable for all the sales recorded under their account during the shift.
- Print generic stock sheets of actual stock count names and codes. Count stock and sign next to changes with F&B Supervisor. Disclose all breakages and wastage to F&B Supervisor.
- Ensure that all personal food and beverage purchases are signed off by F&B Supervisor and are checked once received to verify. Ensure that the VIP security gets the signed slip for the purchases before leaving the premises.
- Ensure the service area is clean and tidy in preparations for the next shift.
- Ensure that internal procedures are adhered to.
- Any ad hoc duties that might be required.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, trustworthiness, and reliability.
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability.