Hollywoodbets has exciting opportunities available for X2 Betting Clerks to be based at Verulam Branch. The position will be responsible for managing the operations of the branch in terms of taking customer bets, increasing stakes, managing cash, doing pay-outs, customer services and compliance.
- 1-2 years in Gaming Industry.
- Ensure betting boards are updated timeously.
- Updating of memos, card changes, results and scratching’s which occur throughout the day.
- Be knowledgeable on all betting rules, odds and pay-outs.
- Team members must be knowledgeable on confirmation limits and always call the BSC and Events Office before laying a bet over the limit.
- Team members are to inform the Team Leaders/ Betting Manager when they are laying large bets that do not require confirmation.
- Manage cash within the branch according to defined processes/procedures and minimize risks, theft/fraud.
- Team members are to be alert to emerging attempts to defraud the company.
- Team members are to ensure they have the accurate float amounts at the beginning of their shift to ensure that balancing occurs at end of day.
- Interim checks must be done within the course of the day with the team leader on duty.
- Ensure that all cash shortages are dealt with immediately, shortages less than R250.00, must be paid back into the Hollywood taking on the same day by the team member.
- Ensure that all shortages and overs are declared to the team leader on duty and correctly recorded on the recon.
- Ensure that the branch is always neat and tidy according to Hollywood standards.
- Ensure that your workstations are well maintained and in good working condition.
- Comply with all procedures to prevent losses to the company, advising your branch /senior team.
- leaders promptly of any problems/malfunction with the terminals /equipment/resources (e.g. TV display of results, Off-line).
- Ensure to provide good customer service by being friendly, helpful, polite and courteous at all times.
- Pro-actively address customer complaints and ensure that customers are given positive feedback.
- Build strong relationships with regular customers.
- Create a customer centric culture within the branch and drive the philosophy of “service with smile” at all times.
- Compliance and adherence to company’s internal control policies.
- Compliance to the code of ethics and escalate fraudulent activities.
- Team member to ensure they are dressed in their correct Hollywood uniform when on duty.
- Credit bets are not allowed to be taken by any team member.
- Team members on duty are not allowed to take bets wearing Hollywood uniform.
- Team members are allowed to take bets as customers when they are off duty and not in their Hollywood uniform.
- Team members are not allowed to be behind the terminal counters when off duty.
- Team members on duty are not allowed to utilize the Limited pay-out machine.
- Actively promote the Hollywood values.
- Live the values and lead as an example to other team members.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrates a good understanding of betting procedures.
- Understand the different betting types.
- Manage income and pay-outs by following the company policies, practices and procedures.
- Show concern for all aspects of the job.
- Maintain responsibility over tasks and have the ability to identify irregularities.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.