You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
As a Boilermaker, you will need to provide an engineering technical service to a surface area. Maintain, install and commission of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility.
You will also be responsible for:
- Achievement of safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment
- Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used
- Support, coach and participate in the training and development of subordinates and apprentices
- Conducts and participate in risk assessments
- Records results of all legal examinations in the appropriate format
- Performing work to the required standards and specifications
- Applying appropriate tools to complete tasks
You will need:
- Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
- Certified Competent as Boilermaker or Boilermaker Trade Certificate
- Plant experience would be advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills:
- English literate (speak, read and write)
- Must be able to do standby and overtime
- Must be familiar with risk assessments procedures
- Valid driving license code 08
- Basic computer skills
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form . You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 30th June 2021