Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for a Branch Administrator to be based at the Pietermaritzburg Branch, in Pietermaritz Street. The purpose of this role is to manage the administrative function in the Branch to achieve business objectives in accordance with the Branch procedures. Administrator will be responsible for providing support to the Team Members on daily cash activities.
- Experience in Microsoft Office – Word and Excel.
- 2-3 years administrative experience.
- Experience with cash management.
- Provide Branch administration support by enforcing Team Members follow the cash management policies and procedures.
- Be aware of securing cash in the Branch.
- Highlight and ensure all Team Members follow administrative policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate, organise and monitor cash movement with alertness.
- Handle and maintain financial data.
- Ensure accurate management of expenses in line with Branch limits (petty cash).
- Organise and maintain effective filing system.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, standards and regulations.
- All opening floats are to be collected no later than 8:00am on a daily basis (can be Branch specific).
- Cash up all department to reconcile the previous day takings.
- Ensure cash count balances, send document sent to BM/AM & Support.
- Scan tickets on SYX & run tickets report and find all missing tickets manually.
- Ensure all outstanding tickets are recorded and paid out.
- Ensure to be knowledgeable on your Branch limit and bank the difference with G4S/ Fidelity.
- Ensure to advise Surveillance when you require to open and close the safe.
- Banking confirmation sheet to updated – with seal & bag number, before dropping in safe.
- Ensue all floats issued to Team Members are accurate.
- Ensure all cashing ups are accurately managed to balance in line with all takings.
- Record all shortages and report to the Branch Manager/ Senior Team Leader.
- Racing figures on SYX recon should match the figures on HIS recon.
- Ensure all deposits and withdrawals are accurately captured.
- Check that all credit card slips match with the summary slip.
- All transactions under receipts payments should have supporting documents.
- Ensure that a stock taking is done daily/weekly/monthly and record stock shortages/out of lines.
- Cash up all airtime sales and enter on the recon.
- Bar – ensure that credit cards balance – (relevant to specific branch). Guest refreshments should reflect on the bar cash up sheet and floats from the previous day should reflect correctly. The Z reading on the Bar cash up slip should balance to the total cash and slip received.
- LPM- calculate all payouts done by LPM Attendant and subtract from float issued. The balance should be the amount returned in cash. Ensure that the manual payments done match the hand payments received by Kingdom Slots (dependant on supplier at your branch). Copies of the manual payments should be kept in the LPM file. LPM cash up must reconcile with machine summary slip.
- Capture all transactions on the recon. Ensure supporting documents are obtained for safe keeping.
- Balance the safe (physically count cash).
- Complete checklist on the internet.
- Complete all spreadsheets and send to Team Support (cash count, banking schedules).
- Cash up all department turnovers and ensure accuracy of balancing (Racing, LPM, F & B- Z reading, LPM hand pays, LPM Manual pays, LPM cash up, Kingdom slots cash up).
- Ensure turnover report is sent to Branch Manager /Senior Team Leader.
- Cashing up procedures must be completed by 2 team members at any time (Admin Clerk & TL).
- Ensure to complete a daily cash hand over.
- Check the recon and follow up on any shortages. Ensure effective and efficient recovery processes/ procedures is followed to manage the out of line.
- Ensure AOD forms are submitted to the Payroll department from a recovery perspective.
- Ensure all audit queries raises are cleared timeously in the region.
- Ensure superior customer service and customer experience. Pro-actively address customer complaints and ensure customer feedback is positive.
- Build strong relationships with Branch Managers/Senior Team leaders and Team Members.
- Create a customer centric culture within the region and drive the philosophy of “service with a smile” at all times.
- Compliance and adherence to Company’s internal control policy, Compliance to the Code of Ethics and escalate fraudulent activities.
- Actively promote the Hollywood values. Live the values and lead as an example to the team.
- Ensure timeous submission of daily, weekly, monthly reports.
- Respond to all queries timeously.
- Ensure paperwork is put together and sent to Team Support and copies are kept at the Branch.
- Adhoc tasking.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone and e-mails etiquette.
- Exceptional people skills and time management.
- Great team player who welcomes all challenges.
- Efficient and reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure with good reporting skills.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Deadline for submission of CV’s: Friday, 17th September 2021.