Reporting to: District Manager
Overall Purpose of the Job: To ensure overall management of sales, marketing, operations and administrative functions within the branch. To maintain high operational standards, growing the branch, meet deadline, achieve budget and endeavour to reduce crime levels.
- Post matric qualification in General Management (Advantageous)
- Sales, Marketing or Management diploma (Advantageous)
- 3 years’ minimum experience, at Mid-Management level.
- Financial knowledge of Budgets, Forecasting and Profit & Loss.
- Grade B Security Certificate – (existing or to be obtained on appointment).
- Experience in the Security Industry preferred.
- Valid driver’s licence with own reliable vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To consistently provide strong leadership of the branch and its employees.
- To communicate with passion the vision and strategy of the branch and its performance.
- To make timely, considered decisions for the long-term success and development of the branch.
Finance, Planning & Controls
- Submit budget plans and stretch targets for each facet of the branch, and ensure these are continually met.
- Submit annual business plans, operating and sales budget for the branch in accordance with regional requirements.
- Manage and ensure accurate forecasting for branch in accordance with finance.
- Manage Branch profit and loss to ensure profitability is sustained and growth is achieved.
- Manage effective collections for the branch.
- Ensure that effective planning and or production controls are established in all areas and are a key management tool.
- Maintain business functions to increase productivity, quality and customer service whilst reducing costs by utilising modern process techniques.
- Champion the development of a customer focused quality improvement culture.
- Ensure that the appropriate customer service metrics are monitored regularly and that prompt actions are taken where necessary.
- Ensure that service levels throughout the branch is sustained.
- Drive a community driven pro-active service throughout the branch.
- Manage the branch fleet to ensure that no disruptions occur due to vehicles off the road.
- Manage operational Area Managers to ensure operational excellence throughout the branch.
- Ensure client visits for contact crimes are attended to (It is expected that the Manager does not delegate this duty).
Health, Safety and Environment
- Maintain health & safety policies and working procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, SA laws, codes of practices and corporate guidelines
- Drive all marketing activations within the branch.
- Drive customer perception within the branch and address issues highlighted in Customer Perception Survey’s.
- Drive strong social media presence within the branch identifying influencers and forging good relationships with them.
- Drive a culture of “content-creation” to remain relevant in the social media space.
- Ensure that OTT strategies are implemented and relevant.
- Drive effective/pro-active communications.
- Be proactive in regularly reviewing customer requirements and feedback.
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis.
- Ensure close liaison with branch sales team.
- Exploit new market and product opportunities via various external routes.
- Create an environment where solutions to technical customer demand issues can be resolved creatively with commercial viable products.
- Identify training and development needs among staff and coach accordingly.
- People management, including all HR related issues as well as staff development.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for the successful recruitment of terminated staff or new positions which may become available.
- Together with Operational Managers identify Residential Guarding and bulk sale opportunities.
- Generate proposals for bulk business/Residential Guarding sites.
- Drive community involvement through operational collaborations and the effective communication thereof.
- Manage the profitability of Residential Guarding schemes.
- Manage all elements of attrition.
- Drive reconnections within the branch.
- Analyse branch attrition and plan mitigating actions to remedy it.
- Manage sales channels to ensure exposure to bad debt and financial difficulty remains at a minimum.
Competencies (Technical & Behavioural)
- Computer Literate (MS Office, advanced Excel, PowerPoint).
- Extensive knowledge of Operations, Sales, Technical and Administration.
- Integrity and Trust.
- People Focused.
- Command Skills.
- Managing through systems.
- Time Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Drive for Results.
- Customer Focus.
- Managing and Measuring Work.
- Building Effective Teams
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.