This position will be based at the Head Office in Woodmead but will be required to travel across the provinces and will report to the SA Operations Business Unit Head.
The purpose of this position is to identify and assess new business opportunities and/or clients (leads), prioritising the leads, developing and/or progressing the leads and monitoring their conversion into Request for Proposals (RFP). The role requires the incumbent to build key client relationships and remain familiar with current market conditions including competitor movement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
New Business Development
- Prospect for new leads and/or clients by networking and other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Develop persuasive approaches that will encourage potential clients to work with Minopex.
- Develop an ongoing pipeline of new business for the Company.
- Identify, prioritise and develop new leads for the Company.
- Successfully convert leads into opportunities for the Company to bid on.
- Expand the Company’s project footprint in the SA market.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new ventures with Company strategies and operations, examining risks and potential, and estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Assist in closing new business deals by coordinating requirements and assisting / guiding the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Protects Minopex’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Client Relationship Building
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Identify the decision makers and influencers within the client organisation.
- Maintain and augment existing as well as new client relationships to ensure business opportunities.
Networking with other industry professionals
- Business Development Planning
- Proactive Business Development monthly planning and associated action plans
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on the opportunities, clients, market, and general trends.
- Utilising knowledge of the market and competitors, and to identify and develop Minopex’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Collaborate with the various divisions within the Company to ensure alignment on the pipeline and leads prioritised and to ensure alignment on resource capability and availability.
- Development of business plans (Key Client Development, New Regions, and Partnerships / Acquisitions).
- Provide input to the annual business development budget and manage the budget accordingly.
Management and Research
- Monitoring and analysing business and economic trends.
- Research market trends with the objective of understanding how these trends influence business and monitor competitor movement.
- Submit regular progress reports (new leads, prioritisation, progress on existing leads, leads converted etc.)
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within Minopex’s CRM system (Salesforce).
- Researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Relevant Engineering Qualification
- A Business Management or equivalent tertiary qualification will be advantageous
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- At least 10 years’ experience in mineral processing, engineering, professional management and project management
- At least 5 years’ experience in Business Development
- Extensive sales experience and sound knowledge of business and marketing protocols
- Experience in networking with clients at both corporate and operational levels
- Entrepreneurial with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Able to work successfully within a team
- Demonstrate experience, in depth knowledge and understanding of the mining industry
- Analytical and data interpretation capability
- Project management and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Have an existing mining industry network to explore