Grow Educare Centres: Business Mentor
GROW EDUCARE CENTRES
GROW Educare Centres is a social franchise with a vision to set a new standard for early learning in developing countries that unlocks Human Potential. To achieve this vision, we create an ecosystem for Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres that ensures children receive high quality early learning and ECD centre owners run professional and sustainable businesses.
GROW Educare Centres seeks to appoint a Business Mentor at our Regional Office in Durban.
This is an employment equity appointment. You will be accountable for providing support and guidance to franchisees in their financial and business operations to ensure the business sustainability of their ECD Centres. This includes assistance in the registration and government subsidy applications of their Centres.
Remuneration: R16000 per month with Group Assurance benefits
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Conduct financial viability assessments (break even analysis) of ECD centres
- Guide franchisees in the preparation of their budgets
- Financial mentoring of franchisees to review income and expenses against budget vs actual and progress on business sustainability
- Conduct annual compliance checks at ECD centres
- Assist franchisees in the application process for registration/reregistration with the Department of Social Development (DSD) and monitor progress with application process
- Assist franchisees with Government subsidy applications and reporting process
- Facilitate financial, business and life skills training for franchisees
- Establish and maintain relationships with DSD and government departments to establish a network for referral purposes.
- Provide support and guidance to ECD owners in the implementation and use of the business-related aspects of the GROW Mobile App.
- Analyse attendance and business reports from the Grow Mobile App
- Requirements and Competencies:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience within the business sector and preferably also has experience in the ECD sector
- Business savvy and financial acumen
- Experience and knowledge of financial reporting , budgets, bookkeeping etc
- Experience in facilitating training
- Strong people management, development and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Decisiveness, initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and comfortable with technology
- Zulu and English speaking
The successful applicant must demonstrate high emotional intelligence, be open to cultivating networks, be open to frequent change, be passionate about our cause, value diversity and the reinforcing of others’ self-worth.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short covering note explaining why you would like to work for GROW, how your skills, experience and accomplishments meet the requirements for the position, why you believe you would be an asset to GROW as well as your remuneration expectations.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about GROW with Educare Centres, refer to www.growecd.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies