Faircape Health, a division of the Faircape Group, owns and manages six luxury lifestyle villages with state of the art and technologically advanced Healthcare Centres at each village.
We are seeking Carers at our Noordhoek Manor facility (near Fish Hoek) to provide high quality care to our residents.
If you would like to work for a dynamic and reputable retirement group and have a passion for care then this is the job for you. To ensure high quality patient care, we also invest in continuous development of our staff, which includes both internal and external training.
Duties include but is not limited to the following:
The Carer is responsible for implementing the approved care plan by directly providing practical, physical, social and emotional care for residents at the healthcare centre. Carers all contribute to create a therapeutic and relaxing environment.
- Take part in handover process according to ISBAR with opposite shift
- Communicate all observations regarding residents to the opposite shifft
- End shift after handover is completed
Administration & Reporting
- Chart and timestamp all activities on ECP as per procedure
- Report to Duty Sister any changes or causes of concern in a resident’s condition
Patient Care (according to care plan)
- Attend to all activities as per the ECP care plan per resident and chart activity accordingly, including but not limited to personal hygiene, incontenence, dress, feeding and companionship
- Maintain safe and therapeutic environment for all residents in terms of care plan and their personal diagnosis
Company Policies & Procedures
- Maintain awareness, understanding and adherance to company rules, policies and procedures
- Treat all residents with respect and dignity
- Comply to all company policies and procedures regarding infection control
- Maintain good personal hygiene as per the relevant policies and procedures
Health & Safety
- Comply with company health and safety standards in terms of activities of work
- Be aware of duty of care and measures to protect vulnerable residents
- Report any health and safety contraventions to the Duty Sister
Activities & Exercise
- Assist OT and Carer Team Leader with Carer run activities
Experience and Knowledge: Proven experience as a Carer, experience in a similar environment advantageousSkills and Attributes: Knowledge of caring principles and Dementia and Alzheimer’s. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work well with the elderly and have compassion for them.
Working Hours: Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the duty roster. You will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Day shifts are from 06h30 until 18h30.
Salary from R 4,800 Cost to Company per month
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.