The cash book clerk position is accountable for reconciling the bank accounts on a daily basis and the related cashbooks.
The cash book clerk is also responsible for maintaining the banking master-file and capturing daily payments for release by the responsible delegated authorities.
Key Skills needed:
- Financial knowledge
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical proficiency
- Effective time management
- Professional and organized
- Ability to work under pressure
Key Performance Areas
- Preparing a daily bank reconciliation for all local bank and cross border accounts
- Preparing; capturing and reconciliation of all data related to the cashbook on a daily basis
- Assisting stores with any banking related queries
- Liaising with Financial Institutions for queries
- Capturing all EFT payments for local trade and sundry creditors
- Ensure that all relevant accounting department information is stored and updated to Knowledge Base
- Wi-Group / Discovery billing
- To undertake all mandatory training as required and participate in appropriate in-service training as and when required.
- Maintaining the strict confidentiality of all information acquired especially with regard to trade procedures, policies and staff.
- To undertake an appraisal and personal development review annually and through self-development, continuously update and improve knowledge and competencies.
- To take responsibility for being up to date with current policies and procedures and to adhere to these.
- Co-operating fully in the introduction of any new technology and new methods as appropriate.
- To undertake any other relevant duties requested by the Financial Controller and senior management
N.B. Please note if you do not meet the above criteria your application will not be considered.