Reporting to: Accountant
Overall Purpose of the job:
Cash Book Clerk based in Midrand. Reporting to the Accountant, the Cash Book Clerk is responsible for data verification, reconciliation and bank statement processing, ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the accounting process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which supports plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results-driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12
- Diploma or relevant certificate in Accounting will be an advantage
- SAP Experience
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Download bank statements on a daily basis
- Download naedo successful and rejections from mercbureau site
- Capture receipts using the upload portal into sap, refunds and payments into the system on a daily basis
- Retrieve receipts and payments from subsidiary ledgers on a daily basis
- Complete reconciliation on a daily basis
- Capture accounts payable, refunds, dealer and cashbook payments into the banking system
- Capture new or amend existing banking details into the banking system
- Ensure resolution of queries within the agreed department/business unit SLA’s
- Provide telephonic and written communication to bank and region as and when queries and resolved
- Complete filing during the month
- Submit completed reconciliations for review
- Review reconciliation with reporting accountant on a monthly basis
- Ensure individual and departmental targets are achieved on a regular basis
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects where necessary
- Computer literate – Ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Problem Solving
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.