Closing Date 30 January 2021
The above position is vacant at our Robertville Office – Roodepoort, reporting to the Financial Manager.
The overall purpose of this position is to perform a full Creditors’ function.
- Minimum Matric Certificate and Diploma in Bookkeeping / Accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience and full knowledge of Cashbook systems and reconciliations is essential
- Sound working knowledge of the SAP system
- Proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint and especially Excel is essential
- Strong administration and organizational skills
- Numeric accuracy and ability to work methodically.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive):
- Capturing and processing all invoices
- Ensuring that all payments that are paid comply with the set standards and contain all the necessary required information.
- Capturing invoices into Pastel from all supporting documentation supplied by the Finance division.
- Ensure that all invoices and supporting documentation is complete and approved
- Review petty cash reconciliation submitted by the Debtors Clerk.
- Reconciling petty cash vouchers to request for replenishment of petty cash
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerised accounting system;
- Maintain the accounts payable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records and file all documentations.
- Maintain, update, create, secure, and archive petty cash records and files
Other personality attributes:
- Must be pro-active and innovative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work without supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to liaise professionally with suppliers and personnel at all levels
- Customer focus.
- Communication skills
Interested candidates whose credentials best match the requirements can send their CV’s before close of business on
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates, Disabled Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Security Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.