Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Cashier Development Officer at our Head Office in Midrand. The primary responsibility will be to provide support to the team including Dis-Chem’s Frontline Supervisors, Admin Managers, Assistant – and Store Managers, with regards to point of sale queries, information on changes and updates. The role will also provide training to relevant employees within the Point of Sale department.
- Grade 12 – Senior Certificate with Mathematics or Maths Literacy and English
- Assessor qualification from accredited institution
- Must have at least 1 Year experience as a Frontline Senior Cashier/Supervisor in retail
- Moderator qualification will be an advantage
- Previous training experience
- Ensure point of sale employees receive ongoing training and coaching as per business requirements.
- Keep accurate records of all training activities.
- Ensure that Point of Sale employees are up to date with all departmental changes.
- Forecast future training requirements and address them accordingly.
- Ensure accurate data capturing and completion of documentation is timeously completed.
- Ensure effective verbal and written communication with all relevant stakeholders in a speedy and timeous manner.
- Report any matters of concern to the relevant individuals.
- To collaborate with management staff to get feedback on customer and staff complaints in order to design more effective training materials.
- Remain informed of weekly Cash-up variances nationally to identify training requirements and report irregularities.
- Cashier Operational Knowledge, Supervisory Principles, Practices and Methods
- English – Read, Write and speak well
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Excel
- Attention to detail
- Analysing and assimilating information
- Good customer service skills
- Interpersonal and team working (esp. influencing and conflict management ) in a matrix environment
- Good communications skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Trustworthy and honest
- Attention to detail
- Time management and deadline driven
- 3rd additional Language – Speak Well
Special conditions of employment:
- Be able to travel to different branches nationally.
- Be able and willing to work retail and flexi hours.
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN A MONTH AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.