Cellar Assistant: Worcester
Location: Worcester, WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the abovementioned position to be based at the Worcester Distillery. This person will report to the Bulk Stock Logistics Controller.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- General cellar activities
- Physical loading and offloading of bulk on site
- Physical blending of all overproof brandies
- Sample drawing of products
- Transfer of raw products and blended products
- Transfer of bulk components for blending
- Despatch of overproof brandies to bottling sites
- Participate in monthly stock take
- Preparing of samples for testing and/ or organoleptic assessment.
- Execution of daily tasks and activities to achieve departmental targets.
- Ensure daily tasks are done to correct company procedures and work instructions.
- Compliance with the OHSAct standards
- Effective recordkeeping
- pH Adjustments on raw product
- Maintain cellar hygiene standards
- Drawing and testing of production tank samples
- Apply strict and accurate loss control
- E2 Excellence
- Participate in effective problem solving.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Minimum Grade 12
- Working experience in a Cellar environment will be advantageous.
- Physically healthy and strong
- Be able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of safety procedures and housekeeping standards will be advantageous
- Willing and able to work extended hours(overtime) as and/or when required.
- Active participation in E2 Level 1 meetings
If you are interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell Career Portal by logging onto https://careers.distell.co.za/ and following: Home > Careers.
Reference number: 18501 Closing Date: 19 August 2021