Location: Cape town, WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based at the Paarl Cluster, Nederburg. The successful applicant will report to the Cellar Manager.
Purpose of the Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their final year of study and require exposure in a work environment and require practical work experience in order to obtain their qualification. The successful intern will be expected to enter into a part time 6-month contract (01 December 2021 – 30 May 2022).
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Satisfactory academic record and in final year of obtaining relevant tertiary qualification / recently qualified (e.g. National Diploma in Food Technology; National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry;etc.).
- Grade 12 certificate
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Sound communication and presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
- Willing and able to work extended hours.
- Reliable transport to and from place of work.
- Valid driving licence would be beneficial.
- Must be willing, able and committed to enter into and complete the 6 month internship programme.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Certified copy of tertiary academic record (progress report) or certified copy of National Diploma in Food Technology or National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
- A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and format for evaluation.
- Certified copies of Identity Document.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers.
Reference Number: 18558 Closing Date: 24 September 2021