Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity for a Chef Assistant to be based at our Bunny Bar Branch, Springfield. The successful incumbent will be responsible for basic food preparations, assist Chefs with dishing up of food and preparation, whilst ensuring that the housekeeping is in line with Hollywood standards. Responsible to kitchen stock count and ensuring the kitchen stock is stored and maintained appropriately.
- A minimum of 1-year Food and Beverage experience.
- Experience with the P.O.S system.
- Stock management will be an advantage.
- GAAP system will be an advantage.
- Ensure appropriate dress code in with health and safety requirements and in accordance with Hollywood standards.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices and ensure conformance to established standards.
- Ensure all kitchen stock is well maintained, packaged and allocated to the correct area- shelves, freezers etc.
- Ensure stock rotation and ensure expired food is disposed of and classified as waste.
- Ensure leftover food from the previous day is dished into appropriate containers and appropriately stored for serving.
- Ensure preparation of food in readiness for chefs for all manufactured menu items as per GAAP.
- Dish up orders in accordance with GAAP portion sizes as per waitron orders.
- Ensures that all orders are prepared and dished up timeously to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Ensures presentation of orders is in line with Hollywood standards.
- Reports any operational problems (faulty/damaged equipment) that could hinder daily operations.
- Assisting of reporting of all stock items to the Chef on items that are running low.
- Ensures that all wastages and breakages during the shift are disclosed and accounted for.
- Ensures the cleaning of kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls as and when the need arises.
- Ensures that the kitchen and cooking area is left neat and tidy prior to the next shift.
- Continuously monitor the kitchen area to ensure that the kitchen is clean and tidy.
- Responsible for kitchen stock count.
- Any other ad hoc duties that might be required.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, trustworthiness, and reliability.
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability.
Please be advised that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.