Job Purpose and Summary
The position of CEO is accountable for providing strategic and financial leadership in a commercial, profitable, and sustainable manner. The role is accountable to direct CNG Holdings’ vision, mission and values and actively chart the successful implementation of CNG Holdings growth strategy working collaboratively with Executive Directors and Board.
The CEO will be responsible to set the tone for the culture and purpose of CNG Holdings by fostering ethical, value-based leadership and decision making and best in class corporate practices. The role reports to the Board of Directors and delivers short-term and long-term growth plans in line with CNG Holdings’ growth strategy and create shareholder value.
Strategy and planning
- Ensure that there are sound operational, commercial, financial, and human resources strategies to grow the organisation, for approval by the Board.
- Lead the development and implementation of short-term, medium, and long-term growth strategic goal
- Develop and maintain an effective operating model and the associated structure to achieve the growth strategic goals.
- Delegates to Executive Directors the functions and responsibilities required to run successful operations, commercial, human resources, etc of CNG Holdings while retaining oversight and ultimate accountability over the discharge of these functions.
Financing, monitoring, and reporting
- Collaborate with the Board to ensure financing for the strategic initiatives of the company.
- Leads the achievement of budget revenue, margins and profitability measures as approved by the Board to maximise returns to shareholders.
- Ensures financial stability of CNG Holdings through sound planning, budgeting, and financial management.
- Collaborates with the Board Chairperson to develop Board agenda and anticipates challenges and opportunities that may arise.
- Reports to the Board and its committees about trends, challenges and opportunities and make recommendations for continuous improvements
Risk and legal compliance
- Oversees the development and enforcement of policies that will improve the financial and operational effectiveness of the organisation.
- Leads the identification of business risks and put in place proper systems to enhance statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper governance processes are amended and that Safety standards and policies are developed and complied to.
- Assigns and evaluates the work of Executive Directors including strategic resource allocation
- Ensures that Executive Directors are provided with information and KPIs necessary to fulfil their responsibilities and statutory obligations.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains products and sustainable relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Communicates effectively and enforces high performance culture at all levels to foster growth and encourage development.
- Ensure that there are proper policies, systems, and procedures to develop and grow the management and leadership capabilities in the organisation.
- Leads and promotes transformation agenda and enhances BBBEE positioning of CNG Holdings
- Champion the digital business strategy to navigate digital disruptions to meet new and emerging customer needs and expectations.
- Lead efforts to fund digital pilots and initiatives
- Ensure that the technology leadership strategy is in place and that correct skills are developed
- Strategic mindset
- Leading change
- Effective communication
- Business acumen
- High level EQ
- Problem Solving and Analytical
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree commercial/engineering with a minimum 10 year senior management experience
- Post graduate business qualification is a preference
- Leading cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- Petrochemical & Chemicals and or Gases industry background, is essential
- CNG experience would be an advantage